Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Outfit Post

Well, this is my first actual fashion post! I decided to combine it with a "I got my hurzcut" post, as I got my hair cut yesterday. Not a huge drastic change; I refused to let her touch the length (as I'm STILL growing it out. Note to self, never get an angled bob ever again.) but I did get some layers added and I got straight bangs! It's a bit of a trade off; I now HAVE to straighten my hair everyday, but I won't be as insecure about my eyebrows (I swear they're not symmetrical. I don't care what you say, I just know it.) and I just think my face was meant to have bangs. I'm the girl who just looks weird with my hair pulled back. But ANYWHO. As I'm still a senior in high school, my weekday wardrobe is limited; navy or white, and collared, to say it as simply as possible. Most girls end up wearing Hollister khakis (I'm usually one of them, but I'm trying to branch out) and a polo or club shirt with sperrys. This one skirt is possibly my favorite article of clothing, simply because it's so versatile. And I managed to snag it out of Grace's pile at Forever 21 earlier this semester, and it was a whopping ten bucks. I think letting her borrow my spare iPod for the year makes up for it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I ended up wearing my last resort top, the pintuck blouse I bought in New Orleans this past summer desperately needs ironing and well, it's better than the misshaped Hollister polo I wore to work this summer. These shoes are up there in my favorite thrift shop finds; Juicy flats! I thought they were a steal at around fifteen or so, and pretty decent condition. I think the former owner had even wider feet than I do; the leather's a little cracked on the sides and it took me a week or so to break them in. I think they're a sweet alternative to my weathered and beaten Toms that I tend to live in.
I'm so excited for this weekend! My big brother is graduation from Florida State, and I already decided what dress/cardigan combo I'm bringing :) I've yet to decide if tights are appropriate though, as I'm wearing my silver peep toe heels. I'll make sure to keep you updated on my decision ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment