Thursday, October 14, 2010

For the record I am almost always a blissfully happy, white, thin, upper middle class, smart, creative teenage girl with a future.

Yet I'm also a blank canvas. Not like it's really a bad thing. Maybe that's why I've always been friends with artists, musicians, actors? I've got a limited amount of witty comments, I can get conversations started, but that's really my only skill. I'm something for people to act off of, I'm a mirror, a sidekick to everyone's routine. I've got a endless list of friends with record deals, that've been published, had their work in art shows. I'm just the girl with the quips, the bounce board for you to work with. I'm so typical; reading through Chuck Palahniuk's quotes, I could swear he's talking about me. Is the "darker" side of things really so bad? What makes them darker? What makes death so bad, hurting another so evil? It's all about your perception. And if it's your perception, as your mirror, I guess I think the same.
I think for Christmas, I'll ask for a personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment