Monday, June 14, 2010

summer lovin'

well goodness gracious. I've neglected this poor blog, and I really should be on my knees brandishing you with chocolates and flowers and groveling for forgiveness. Instead, I've got insomnia and a whole mess of stories. I had a romance (if you can call it that), had that prom, another prom, got a new job, graduated, and moved to Auburn.
'Scuz, wtf?!
I almost feel like an entirely new person from before. Well, not sure if new is the right word, I'm fitting into my old old old skin all over again. I'm being more spontaneous, less shy, and even getting noticed for my "charisma" (although I'm not sure if that's the right word. More like "alcohol induced giggle fits and complete lack of ability to keep my mouth shut"). Most recently -as I refuse to type four months worth of stories in one sitting- I went to Birmingham with Liz last week to see Jukebox the Ghost. I really think that night was when I made up my mind to be the old Gwen, the girl I haven't been in well over a year. I danced more than I have in years, lived without questioning, spoke and acted without thinking about how everyone around me would take my actions/words. I danced to the point of being sore days after, approached boys in bands, and hit on passing cars on the way there; but only when showing off the hunting knife I found on the floor of Miss. Richard's car.
College is in itself a whole new experience, but it feels so familiar and nonthreatening at the same time. I'm living in the suites for the summer; as luxurious as having my own bed and bathroom sounds, it's so damn lonely. I'm yearning for the fall, when I won't be able to be alone, despite how hard I try. I still have yet to make up my mind on whether or not I'll be rushing come August; I want to be in a sorority, but I never feel at ease with older sorority girls and frat boys, not the way I do when I'm with people with more interests and quirks that are similar to my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment