Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'll take you over if you let me.

I'm not sure if it's anything special or particular, but I happen to be a huge Blink fan. It's bordering on obsession sometimes, to the point where I cried when I found out my ticket to see them last fall got given away (embarrassing, I know), and I have pretty much every song ever by them. They're my sad music, my happy music, my punch a wall music, you know the drill. But for some reason, listening to them today made me realize something. The people we miss, or not even miss, just feel like they're a part of our souls, regardless of how much negative energy there is between you, how little one of you may care about the other, there's no reason for them to still be inside your head, in the least bit. They're not the same person they were, and they probably weren't who you thought even then. You get exasperated when you talk to them, because they're not treating you the way you remember, the way you went over in your head all those months ago when you were sad. They're not treating you the way you remember, because they never did. Casting all your dreams, all your sketches of your dream love, your everything on them makes you dislike talking to them even more, because they'll never be who you thought they were, but they never really were that person, so it's not their fault. You cast all this responsibility on them to be what you want and need, and what they never were. Maybe that's what broke them, the final straw, what broke the "perfect relationship", the one your mother told you was the one. Maybe we shouldn't dream up who other people should be, they're not the white knight. No one is going to save you from your pissy moods, your frustrations, and if you let them try, they'll end up hating you for thrusting all your responsibilities onto them. I've been on both sides of this equations, and neither side ends up happy, or able to forget or forgive.

Also, please listen to their live album asap, you'll pee laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment