Monday, December 21, 2009

It's like they're a whole generation of cocktail waitresses.

You know that moment, that feeling? When you give up on being social for the day, climb into bed and prepare for an afternoon of really horrible I can't believe I'm watching this television, and when you turn to the E! Channel, the Top Ten Worst Plastic Surgeries isn't on and instead you catch the opening credits of one of your favorite movies (I don't care who you are)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This movie will always turn me into a romantic. I may have had a pretty horrible date the night before, but the second I see Meg Ryan in her eternally frumpy wardrobe, and I start getting hair/apartment envy, I start to wonder if my dream man is actually my business competition and is actually always a block or two behind me, or walking out of Starbucks as I'm walking in. What if, this movie seems to say. What if I fall in love or what if I go through this huge painful life change and I end up not failing? I already love every part of Manhattan, and this movie just makes me swoon. Small bookstores? The Flower District, the Manhattan that no one thinks about, that doesn't love the million dollar dresses or the idea of Prep Schools, or The Real Housewives of New York, or any of that snooty high brow ideas.
I always end up identifying with Meg Ryan whenever I watch this. I always end up narrating my life, I try to see the lighter side of everything, and I'm just so much of a small bookstore kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment