Monday, December 7, 2009

Photobucket
Chances are, if you ever see me driving around in Lurlene, my BEAUTIFUL Yaris sedan, I'll be singing along to this album. There's just something about Relient K that I've always loved, and I think it's the face that I've always had religious leanings even when I claimed I didn't. Relient K's always been one of my favorite bands, but in the past few months I've been building up my collection of their songs... maybe that's why my mood's been improving so?


I can't believe this semester's so close to being over. It's the longest I've gone without a boyfriend since I started high school! Hopefully I can make it through the rest of the year being a single lady; I think I'm a lot happier, and everything's just so much easier! This year's been difficult, but I've grown a lot, especially in the past two months. I've learned the difference between being "lonely" and "alone", and while it's still a struggle for me to be okay with being alone for a whole day, I'm trying to learn to be by myself with my thoughts. It's hard though, because I do have a thing for being goofy with everyone!

Related to my love of being around people, I can't decide if I want to rush or not. I'm almost definitely going to Auburn, and I've picked out my roomie (that'd be Julia in Forensics. It was actually her idea, and I think we'd work! We get along but we won't expect to hang out all the time, and we have the same taste in TV shows. Gilmore Girls AND Grey's. Match made in heaven!) and she's planning on rushing, and I've been thinking about it, and I keep changing my mind. Would I fit in with any sorority? I mean, I do love wearing dresses and girl time, and I'm the girl that'll make homemade cookie dough and come over when you're down. But I'm also the girl that loves to look up and learn about film, play video games, and wear my thick rimmed glasses (oh, update. My raybans are on BACK ORDER until the first. Apparently they're handmade in Italy or something?! Good thing I found my Betseys, or I'd be squinting and getting some not so adorable wrinkles.) and read Fight Club and Breakfast at Tiffany's and go thrifting and I just don't know! I know I'll probably end up in a sorority, because I do love being around people, and I know it's a major part of my future (as a future public relations major, I'm pretty sure network and a social life will help me out a TON when it comes to job hunting/internships/resumes/experience) and honestly, it's the kind of thing that I'd regret not doing. And if it does bum me out, I can just not pay my dues sophomore year, and I'm done with it! But I'm pretty sure that won't end up being the case :)

No comments:

Post a Comment